Wafula Chebukati is the current Chairperson of the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission. Chebukati has been the name on everyone's lips since the announcement of the 2022 presidential election results. This is because he is the only person mandated to announce the next President after the just concluded August 9th elections, in accordance to the Constitution.
Below are the 10 things you did not know about Wafula Chebukati
1. Chebukati got officially married to Mary Chebukati and tied the knot in 1990.
2. He has three children. That is, two boys (Emmanuel and Jonathan) and that one girl (Rachel).
3. Chebukati was born in 1961 in Bungoma County.
4. He is the current chairman of the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC), for which he has served since 2017 presidential Elections.
5. Wafula Chebukati is also a licensed lawyer.
6. His hobby is playing golf during his free time. He is also a member of the Kenya Golfing Society.
7. Chebukati is an alumnus of St Peters Mumias, Bokoli Secondary School, and finally Lenana High School.
8. Chebukati pursued his Bachelor of Law Degree from the University of Nairobi.
9. He also holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration which he achieved from Jomo Kenyatta University of Science and Technology (JKUAT).
9. He vied for the Saboti parliamentary seat under ODM and lost in 2007.
Content created and supplied by: @ArapOuta (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More