As the counting of votes continues across the the country, aspirants of various political posts have already been defeated and they have started to accept the results. Some have already received their results in some places but many are yet to receive.
Aspirants allied to Raila Odinga and William Ruto have lost in various posts while others have won. In this article we will look at some of the aspirants allied to Raila and President Uhuru that have lost their elective seats.
1. Amos Kimunya who is the majority leader at the parliament lost his seat to Wanjiku Muhia of the United Democratic Alliance party.
2. Jeremiah Kioni has conceled defeat in the Ndaragwa parliamentary race after he was defeated by UDA's George Gachagua.
3. Charles Kibiru has accepted defeat from Kirinyaga county governor Anne Waiguru who he wanted to oust out. Kibiru was the senator of Kirinyaga.
4. Naomi Shaban who has been an MP four times for Taita Taveta has concealed defeat for the first time in 20 years. She was defeated by her Wiper party opponent Bwire Okano.
5. Sospeter Ojaamong has been defeated in Teso South where he was seeking to be elected as a member of parliament. The Busia governor concealed defeat early even before the results were officially announced.
6. Kabando wa Kabando of Narc Kenyan has lost his chance of ascending to the senatorial seat for Nyeri county after he lost to his opponent.
7. Kanini Kenga, the MP for Kieni accepted defeat early than expected after he realized that his opponent was winning. Kanini has been an MP for the last 10 years.
Follow the page for more news updates daily.
Content created and supplied by: TrendNews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More