Africa is known to be a very Populous continent but it is not as Populous as Asia where a single country has a very high population like China which has more than 2.3 billion people which is more than that of the whole Africa continent for Africa has a population of slightly more than 2 billion people.
The birth rate in Africa is very high for many families in the continent rarely practice family Planning as well as the death rate which is also high compared to that of other continents such as Europe making it somehow balanced and grow slowly.
Here are the top 10 most populous countries in Africa;
1. Nigeria with a population of 209 million people.
2. Ethiopia with a population of 117 million people.
3. Egypt with a population of 104 million people.
4. D.R Congo with a population of 90.6 million people.
5. Tanzania with a population of 61 million people.
6. South Africa with a population of 59 million people.
7. Kenya with a population of 54 million people.
8. Uganda with a population of 47 million people.
9. Sudan with a population of 44.9 million people.
10. Algeria with a population of 44.6 people.
Content created and supplied by: Kevin.d (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More