Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi was a Libyan revolutionary, politician and political theorist during his time. He was born in 1942 and died in 2011.
During his reign, he did a lot of great things despite claims of him being a dictator. Below are some good deeds that he will be remembered for.
1. There was no electricity bills in Lybia since electricity was free for all the Lybians during the reign of Gaddafi.
2. Gaddafi had ensure that there were no interest on loans borrowed by Lybians since all the banks were state owned.
3. Owning a home in Lybia was considered a human right. He wanted to ensure that every citizen had a good house.
4. Newly weds could receive $ 50,000 and an additional $ 5,000 if they get a child. Jobs were guaranteed to all Lybian citizens and if you don't get, the government pays you an equivalent amount of salary until you get a job.
5. Education and medical treatment was free in Lybia. Before his reign, there were 25% literate people and the number rose to 83% during his reign. 25% of the population had University degrees at time of Gaddafi's death.
6. During Gaddafi's reign, if a Lybian bought a car, the price was subsidised to 50% by the government and the price of petrol was at $0.14 per litre. In addition, Lybia didn't have any external debt during his reign and its reserves amounted to $150 billion which have been frozen. 40 loaves of bread could have been bought at $0.15 during his reign.
These and many more achievements were made by Muammar Gaddafi.
Thank you for reading my article. Feel free to leave your comment below.
Content created and supplied by: Thenewsdokta (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More