The US government strongly supported his death while he was still in office, citing his tyrannical regime as a reason. Many people still believe Gaddafi was a fantastic leader and that assassinating him was a terrible idea, even years after his death.
This is what inspired me to conduct some investigation in order to verify the claims made by the folks. In this post, we'll show you some of the Secret True facts about Gaddafi that you probably never knew about in order to help you see him in a new light.
1. During Gaddafi's reign in Libya, owning a home was regarded as a human right. He had even promised that he and his parents would not be able to buy a home until every Libyan had one. His mother and wife were still living in a tent when he was alive.
2. His government would give all newlyweds $ 50000 during his reign. This was to assist them in purchasing a home or renting an apartment to begin their new life.
3. During Gaddafi's reign, medical treatment and education were both provided free of charge. According to research, before he came to power, just 25% of the population was literate, but that number rose to 83 percent under his reign.
4. During Gaddafi's reign, anyone who wanted to pursue farming as a career received support from his government. His government would provide him with free land, all of the necessary farming equipment, seeds, and even livestock to begin his or her farming career.
5. While he was in power, any Libyan in need of treatment that was not available in Libya was sponsored by the government to travel abroad. They would be sponsored even throughout their studies.
6. During Gaddafi's reign, any Libyan who wanted to buy a car would receive a government subsidy of 50% off the price. During his reign, the price of gasoline was $ 0.14 a liter.
7. Banks would not charge interest on loans during his reign. Any Libyan was free to take out loans and repay them without interest.
Despite the fact that he had a few flaws during his lifetime, we can conclude that he spurred Libya to become one of the world's strongest economies. Any Libyan who lived during his rule will agree that it was the best that the country had ever seen. It is apparent that life in Libya has never been the same since his death.
Let us know what you think about ex Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in the comments area below. Don't forget to like and share this article if you enjoyed it.
Content created and supplied by: Brenda254 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More