photo used for illustration purposes only
Following the Presidential Proclamation on the death of Kenya's third (3rd) President-Emilio Mwai Kibaki, through the constitution of the National Steering Committee on State Funerals, after the series of consultation with the family members, the government has emerged with a sequence of events regarding the burial process of Mwai Kibaki. In reference to this, the Government therefore wishes to announce to Kenyan Citizens and the people of East Africa and International Community as follows;
(1) That the State Funeral for the third (3rd) President shall take place on Friday on the (29th April, 2022) at Nyayo National Stadium in Nairobi County with full Military Honors and Protocols.
(2) That the third (3rd) President shall be laid to rest at his Othaya family home at a private ceremony on the Saturday the 30th April, 2022 after public prayers at Othaya Stadium on the same day. That the third (3rd) President shall lay in State at the National Assembly from Monday the 25th to Wednesday the 27th of April 2022. His Excellency the President Hon. Uhuru Kenyatta, CGH accompanied by Her Excellency the First Lady Mrs. Margaret Kenyatta, EGH will lead the nation in publicly viewing the body of at 10.00 a.m. on Monday, the 25th April, 2022. All other dignitaries and Government officials are required to have arrived at the National Assembly for the event on or before 9.00 a.m. Thereafter, the public will be allowed to view the body and to pay their last respects.
(3) Members of the Diplomatic Corps and other dignitaries wishing to visit the family may do so at the late President’s Official Office in Nyari Estate off Redhill Road between 9.00 a.m. and 12.00 noon on Tuesday the 26th and Wednesday the 27th April 2022.
(4) The Head of the Public Service and the Cabinet Secretary for Interior and Coordination of the National Government will launch the official Signing of the Condolence Book of the late President on Tuesday, 26th April 2022 at Harambee House at 9.00 a.m. Condolence Books will be availed at all Regional, County and Sub-County Government Offices for the members of the public.
(5) The Government declares Friday the 29th of April 2022 a National Holiday to accord the late President a befitting State Funeral vide a Kenya Gazette issued by the Cabinet Secretary for Interior and Coordination of National Government / Chairman National Steering Committee on the State Funeral of President Mwai Kibaki, CGH.
Content created and supplied by: News.Happening (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More