As a democratic country Kenya is going to hold general elections next year on 9th August 2022 in the six elective seats of presidency, governors, senators, members of parliament, women representatives and members of county assemblies.
The independent electoral and boundaries commission has set aside requirement for any interested aspirant in 2022 as stipulated below;
1. Be a Kenyan citizen for at least 10 years before the election.
2. Not owe allegiance to a foreign state.
3. Be a registered voter.
4. Be nominated by a Political Party or is an independent candidate.
5. Not be a public officer or acting in any State of public office.
6. Not be an undischarged bankrupt.
7. Not be a person of unsound mind.
8. Not be subject to a sentence of imprisonment of at least six months from the date of registration of candidates or date of elections.
9. not have been found to have abused or misused state or public office or contravened Chapter Six of the Constitution.
10. Have a degree from a recognized university.
Comment, share an follow me (vision+kenya) for more news, thank you.
Content created and supplied by: Vision+Kenya (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More