Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Politics

 

Politics

 

Africa politics

Kenyans Take Another Poll Ahead of 2022 Presidential Race, See The Results

Kenyans have once again taken another opinion poll regarding 2022's top race, about 10 months to the heavily awaited contest slated for August next year.

The race has attracted a good number of participants, among them KANU leader Gideon Moi who is also the Baringo County Senator.

The Star newspaper has initiated a poll seeking the opinion of Kenyans regarding the candidacy of Moi, days after his party endorsed him to go for the seat.

In the poll, the broadcaster seeks to know how many Kenyans would vote for the leader, whose dad, the late Daniel Moi, was president for close to 24 years.

Interestingly, only 18 percent of Kenyans would vote for him if elections were to be held today, with the remaining 82 percent saying they wouldn't.

This is even as the leader says that he is the solution to the country's problems and will be addressing food security and the ailing economy once in office.

"Moving forward, we have to build a sustainable and working economy; provide a foundation for wealth creation and inclusion; provide quality and affordable health care; add value to our agricultural produce; ensure food security and water in all homesteads,” he said in his acceptance speech at Bomas, Nairobi.

He added that he will also deal with the perennial graft headache, urging Kenyans to find the solution in him and consider him for the seat.

"For sure, corruption has deprived our citizens of their right to quality and affordable health care. Corruption has denied our women and girls justice and they continue to grapple with domestic violence, sexual assault and rape. Corruption is robbing us of opportunities to be great, killing our dreams and destroying our country," he added.

Most of these polls have been ending up in favour of Deputy President William Ruto, who, together with ODM leader Raila Odinga, are seen as the frontrunners in the contest.

Content created and supplied by: Curtis-Otieno (via Opera News )

Daniel Moi Gideon Moi KANU Kenyans The Star

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments