The handshake between former opposition leader Raila Odinga and President Uhuru Kenyatta got the campaign to succeed Kenyatta off to a premature start. Odinga has been battling since then against William Ruto, who has himself been abandoned by the head of state.
The seemingly never-ending campaign for the presidential elections, which are due to take place on 9 August 2022, has crystalised around the Building Bridges Initiative, a constitutional referendum championed by Kenyatta and Odinga. As they prepare for the much anticipated general election, both candidates have set their electoral machines to work to win political and financial support, with Ruto seemingly being at high percentage rate of clinching the seat.
1. DP Ruto is holding more than 3 meetings a day with high profile leaders and local Kenyans.
2. DP William Ruto has mobilized the church to help him in his 2022 presidential ambitions.
3. DP William Ruto is always funding poor Kenyans and youths through the Hustler Nation assemblies to start their own businesses.
4. DP William Ruto is surrounded by young energetic leaders to campaign for him eg Sylvanus Osoro and Ndindi Njoro.
5. DP Ruto has the cash to dish out for campaigns.
6. Ruto has won Raila's strongholds eg Western, Kwale and Kissi.
Dear readers who do you think amongst the two will carry the day come 2022 presidential election.
Content created and supplied by: Lakeside.co.ke (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More