The National Integrity Alliance has provided the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) with a list of political leaders who should be barred from running for any leadership position in the August 9th General Election.
These finalists are considered to have undesirable integrity, including allegations of fraud and graft. For instance, vice presidential candidate Rigathi Gachagua of the Kenya Kwanza Alliance is accused of squandering public funds.
The Integrity Alliance has informed the IEBC that Rigati Sonko Waiguru Babu Owino should not be allowed to run.
complete list of leaders is listed below. NIA has ruled them ineligible for leadership positions.
1. Rigathi Gachagua, nominated by the Kenya Kwanza Alliance for Vice President.
2. Aisha Jumwa, who is running for governor of Malindi,
Ali Korane, who is standing for the governorship of Garissa,
4. Anne Waiguru, who is running for governor of Kirinyaga.
5. Babu Owino, who is running for MP in Embakasi East,
6. Leophas Malala, who is running for governor of Kakamega.
7. Daniel Manduku, who is running for the Nyaribari Masaba MP position.
Didmus Barasa, who is running for an MP slot in Kimilili,
9. Evans Kidero, who is running for governor of Homa Bay.
10. Fahim Twaha, who is running for the position of governor of Lamu.
11. Godhana Dhadho Gaddae, who is running for governor of the Tana River.
12. Johanna Ng'eno, a candidate for the Emurrua Dikir parliamentary seat.
John Walukhe is a candidate for a seat in the Sirisia parliament.
Joseph Samal is a candidate for the Isiolo North parliamentary seat.
15. Kembi Gitura, who is running for senator in Muranga.
16. Lilian Omollo, a candidate for a senate seat in Embu.
Mathew Lempurkel, a candidate for the Laikipia North Member of Parliament slot.
Mike Mbuvi Sonko, who is standing for governor of Mombasa,
19.Mohamed Abdi Mohamud, who is competing for the governorship of Wajir.
Muthomi Njuki, who is competing for the governorship of Tharaka Nithi,
Oscar Sudi, who is running for a seat in the Kapseret, is the twenty-first candidate.
Phillip Kaloki, who is running for the job of deputy governor of Nairobi County,
23. Samson Cherargei, who is running for the position of senator in Nandi.
Samuel Arama, a candidate for the Nakuru Town West MP slot.
25. Sospeter Ojaamong, a candidate for Teso South Member of Parliament.
Content created and supplied by: NyangeriMomanyi (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More