Makueni Governor Kivutha Kibwana ( Photo Courtesy)
With only some months remaining to the next general election, a good number of Governors will be forced to make tough decisions which could have a bearing on their political careers.
At least 10 Governors are expected to leave office in 2022 after serving a maximum of two terms as dictated by the Constitution. But the question has always been: what next for them post 2022?
With some of them still in their 40s and 50s, they are not going to exit the stage any time soon. As such, they could decide to go for other positions, especially the MP seat.
With this in mind, the following Governors could vie for MP seats:
Uasin Gishu Governor Jackson Mandago ( Photo Courtesy)
1. Jackson Mandago: The Uasin Gishu county chief is among those who will be exiting office in 2022. But what next for him? At 48 years next year, Mandago is "too young to retire" and might go for MP seat.
2. Sospeter Ojaamong: The Busia Governor is exiting office in 2022 and is said to be eyeing the Teso South MP seat.
3. Alfred Mutua: The Machakos Governor's term in office will be expiring in 2022.
Though he has already declared his bid for President, Dr Mutua could decide to run for MP seat.
4. Martin Wambora: Embu Governor Martin Wambora ( Photo Courtesy)
Embu Governor Martin Wambora's term in office will also be ending in 2022. What next for the Council of Governors chairman? Running for an MP seat could be an option.
5. Cornel Rasanga: The Siaya County Governor is said to be eyeing the Alego Usonga MP seat.
6. Hassan Joho: After 10 years in office, the Mombasa Governor will exit office in 2022. Considering his political stature across the country, Joho has a tough decision to make on his future. But still, he can run for MP seat.
7. Kivutha Kibwana: The Makueni Governor is eyeing the presidency come 2022. But in an event he decides to abandon his State House bid, Prof. Kibwana can still run for MP seat.
8. Amason Kingi of Kilifi
9. Josphat Nanok
10. James Ongwae
11. Wycliffe Oparanya
12. Cyprian Awiti
Content created and supplied by: LarryKatana (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More