Kapseret MP Oscar Sudi ( Photo Courtesy)
With slightly over 10 months remaining to the next general election, political heavyweights eyeing various elective positions have already positioned themselves in readiness for that ferocious contest.
Whereas much attention is in the presidential race, the battle for the 290 MP slots will go to the wire with the current holders of the position expected to brace themselves for a titanic contest.
Amid all this, if elections were held today, a good number of MPs are easily going to defend their seats. They include:
1. Oscar Sudi: The Kapseret MP has established himself as one of Rift Valley's smartest political survivors. It is therefore not surprising that he will easily win a third term in 2022. His closeness to Deputy President William Ruto is a plus for him.
2. Esther Passaris: Nairobi Women Representative Esther Passaris ( Photo Courtesy)
The Nairobi Women Representative faces little or almost no opposition in her quest for a second term in office.
If she remains in ODM, Passaris will easily defend the seat she won in 2017 after defeating Rachael Shebesh.
3. Abdulswamad Shariff Nassir: Though he is eyeing the Mombasa Governor seat, if he decides to defend his Mvita MP seat, he will face little opposition.
4. Mishi Mboko:
Likoni MP Mishi Mboko ( Photo Courtesy)
The Likoni legislator has established herself as one of the most formidable politicians in Mombasa. With this in mind, her quest for a second term in office faces no real opposition. With the backing of Governor Joho and ODM leader Raila Odinga, Mboko is guaranteed of another term in Parliament.
5. Millie Odhiambo: The Suba North MP is another legislator who stands higher chances of being reelected for another term
6. Babu Owino: Embakasi East MP Babu Owino ( Photo Courtesy)
A key Raila foot soldier in Nairobi, Embakasi East MP Babu Owino faces little opposition in his quest for a second term in office.
7. Rosa Buyu: The Kisumu Women Representative has been consistently been tanjedy as one of the top performing MPs in Keny. Going to 2022, she will easily defend her seat.
8. Aden Duale: The long serving MP is another favourite to have an easy ride to Parliament.
The Garissa Township legislator who is a key Ruto ally, is no doubt one of the most influential MPs in the North Eastern region. With this in mind, he will easily win another term in office.
9. Rachael Wanjala: Unless something happens, Foreign Affairs Chief Administrative Secretary Ababu Namwamba can not unseat Budalangi MP Raphael Wanjala.
10. Junet Mohamed: This is almost like a sure bet; Suna East MP Junet Mohamed cannot lose his seat in 2022.
Content created and supplied by: LarryKatana (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More