There are 12 positions for nominated Parliamentarians in parliament. In the coming Parliament, 10 of the 12 positions have been confirmed. The positions are divided by to parties depending on the number of MPs they secured.
UDA party won 139 MP seats for members which is the highest number of seats and will therefore have more nominated MPs. ODM won 82 MPs and will have three of them. Others who wil have one each are Jubilee party, Wiper and ANC party. It has been nominated that some former MPs who lost seats in the just concluded general elections are lucky to get back through nominations.
Former MP include;
1. Sabina Chege - Murang’a County women representative nominated by Jubilee.
2. Charles Jaguar - Starehe MP to represent UDA.
3. Cate Waruguru - Laikipia women representative nominated by UDA.
4. John Mbadi - Suba East MP to represent ODM party.
Others who have secured nomination positions are;
5. Irene Manyaka - Former Nyamira MCA nominated by ODM.
6. Catherine Mumma - ODM National Elections Board chairperson nominated by ODM party.
7. Abubakar Ahmed Talib - Wiper secretary general to represent the party.
8. Veronica Maina - UDA secretary general to represent the party.
9. Kibisu Kabatesi - Musalia Mudavadi private secretary to represent ANC.
10. Abubakar Ahmed Talib - Wiper secretary general to represent the party.
10. Karen Nyamu - City lawyer nominated by UDA.
Do you think the above deserved nomination slots? Share with us your views.
Content created and supplied by: Njoro-Msanii (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More