The 2022 general elections is over and everything across the country is complete except in the counties such as Mombasa and Kakamega where gubernatorial elections were postponed due to mix up of ballot papers. The IEBC conducted this election countrywide. The commission is headed by seven commissioners who are tasked in conducting free, fair and transparent poll.
The seven commissioners are;
1. Wafula Chebukati - He is the commission chairperson who works on a full time basis. He chairs the legal affairs and compliance committee, dispute resolution committee and the electoral code of conduct committee. He is the national returning officer of the presidential elections. He is the person who announced Wiliam Somoei Ruto as the president elect.
2. Juliana Whonge Cherera - She is the vice chairperson of the commission.
3. Boya Mulu - He chairs the human resource, administration and training committee.
4. Irene Masit Cherop - She chairs the legal, compliance and political liaison committee and the leadership and integrity committee.
5. Justus Nyang'aya Abonyo - He chairs the information and technology committee.
6. Francis Wanderi - He chairs finance and supply chain management committee.
7. Prof. Abdi Yakub Guliye - He chairs research, technology and strategy committee and is also a member of the audit risk and compliance committee.
Below is the link to the commissioners details as posted in IEBC official website.
Do you think the commission conducted a free and fair elections? Share with us your feedback in the comments section.
Content created and supplied by: Sports-Arena (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More