Due to increasing Covid-19 cases in the country, an emergency-like state of the nation is likely to happen today.
President Kenyatta is allegedly expected to address the nation touching on Covid-19 and its surging cases within the country.
The country is currently out of Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds in most of the main hospitals. Where few are remaining, the cost of each bed is too high for the common mwananchi to afford as they are ranging between Ksh 300,000 to Ksh 1,000,000.
In today's expected address, here are some of the things the president is likely to touch on;
1. Intercounty lockdown reducing movements within county to county.
2. Reduced curfew hours which is currently as from 9.00 PM to 4 AM.
3. Massive testing across the country.
4. Increased vaccination across the country.
5. Strict MOH measures and increased reinforcement by security personnel to make sure that everyone adheres to them.
6. Private hospitals to participate in vaccination.
7. All gatherings will be prohibited especially political gatherings which already have been put on hold for 60 days.
8. Reduced funeral attendance numbers which current attendance is at 100 and mostly family members.
9. Essential service's review to either narrow down some services deemed to be essential.
10. Scaled down public services and corporate services.
Therefore i could advise every Kenyan citizen to review their schedules as this will affect your movements and business transactions for unknown period.
Content created and supplied by: TheKamams (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More