Immediately the President elect is sworn in what follows is the formation of government that includes cabinet formation and appointment of other key government and statehouse officials.
As it is in Kenya and all over the world, the president elect considers political leaders that were key in delivering 'the win' when making key cabinet/government appointments. Additionally, the president elect William Ruto promised some of his key allies state jobs in a move to quell wrangles within UDA during party primaries.
Below is an opinion list of individuals likely to be considered by Ruto not only in his cabinet but other key appointments.
1. Musalia Mudavadi - Has a pre - election agreement with Ruto, a coalition partner.
3. Mike Sonko - in the last days to the election, Sonko shared his agreement with Ruto revealing various seats he was promised.
4. Kithure Kindiki - having battled for the running mate position, Ruto while speaking in Kindiki's home county promised to consider him ( Kindiki) in other national positions.
5. David Ndii - a key individual in Ruto's bottom up economic team. Should the bottom up system be implemented, Ndii should be involved.
6. Aisha Jumwa - suffered a loss in Kilifi County gubernatorial race as a result of her decision to stand with Ruto in a region believed to be Raila's backyard.
7. Moses Kuria - Played a key role in delivering Mt Kenya votes into Ruto's basket. Lost Kiambu gubernatorial race.
8. Mithika Linturi - Lost Meru gubernatorial bid , played a key role in delivering Mt Kenya votes.
9. Johnson Muthama - UDA chairman, lost Machakos County gubernatorial bid as a result of allegiance to Ruto.
The list is continuous and may mostly include choices to be made by Mudavadi, Wetangula and other KKA allies who lost in the elections.
Content created and supplied by: UnitedKenya.com (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More