The Bonchari by election was held due to the death of the late John Oroo Oyioka who died after a long illness at The Agha Khan hospital in Kisumu.He succumbed to the illeness on February 15th 2021 and was buried at his rural home in Suneka.
He was the former Member of parliament to the Bonchari Constituency.He was elected under a People’s Democratic Party (PDP) ticket during the General Election in 2017.
The by election is set to start today with the following candidates:
1.Oimeke Robert Pavel Obwoto - Orange Democratic Movement (ODM)
2. Opore Zebedeo John - Jubilee Party
3.Teresa Oroo Bitutu- United Democratic Alliance (UDA)
4. Atancha Jeremiah- Agano Party
5. Keraa Mary Sally - United Green Movement (UGM)
6. Matagaro Paul Mongiti - Mwangaza Tu Party (MTP)
7. Mogaka Charles Ndege- Progressive Party of Kenya (PPOK)
8. Mosomi Kevin Mokaya - Party of Democratic Unity (PDU)
9. Nyabuto Margaret Gesare - Maendeleo Chap Chap Party (MCCP)
10. Nyakeya Erick Oigo - National Reconstruction Alliance (NRA)
11. Omanwa Victor Omare - Party of Economic Democracy (PED)
12. Onkendi Ondieki Jonah - The New Democrats (TND)
13. Oyugi David Ogega - Kenya Social Congress (KSC)
The elections are ongoing,UDA candidate Teresa Ogora has urged the govenment to mantain peace as they provide security during the by election.
Content created and supplied by: Ritabarongo (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More