The uproars were allover across the country on Monday with the Former Prime Minister and ODM party leader Rt Hon Raila Odinga being at the center of discussion for hosting at least 30 county governors supporting his 2022 presidential bid to the State House.
The governors vowed to remain loyal to Raila and his Handshake partner His Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta. In addition, they promised him to mobilize and campaign for him at their respective counties of jurisdiction.
Hosting 30 governors out of the total 47 means about 78% supports the Azimio Movement while the remaining 17 (22%) supports his opponents.
This has created hot debate among Kenyans. Those siding to DP Ruto have scoffed at the number claiming that majority of those 30 governors are serving their final term in office and therefore there will be less impact they will create to Raila's votes.
At the same time, The Star has revealed 6 loyal governors supporting DP Ruto's presidential bid. They include Hon Anne Waiguru, Paul Chepkwony, Josphat Nanok, Samuel Tunai, Stephen Sang' and Jackson Mandago
Content created and supplied by: FinestNews.Com (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More