Image Courtesy: Dp Ruto having a chat with Rift Valley leaders in past event
Thursday April 14th was a big day and a big test for United Democratic Alliance party headed by Deputy President William Ruto. Confusion, delays, tears and alleged rigging plots characterized the process forcing the nomination to be postpone in some of the counties.
In Rift Valley where Dp Ruto and UDA party is deemed to have strong political muscles, the process went on smoothly. Gubernatorial races is the region was hotly contested with new entrants seeking to unseat incumbents and others seeking to succeed governors who were serving in their second term.
Here is the list of leaders who won the United Democratic Alliance party ticket in strongholds of Deputy President William Ruto;
1. Kericho County - Dr. Eric Mutai wins as Former Energy CS Charles Keter flops.
2. Nandi County - incumbent Governor Stephen Sang defeats Engwen Constituency lawmaker Alan Kosgey who was eying for the ticket.
3. Elgeyo Marakwet - Wesley Rotich who is currently serving as Deputy Governor wins the UDA party ticket as Former Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet flops.
4. Uasin Gishu County - Jonathan Bii popularly known as Koti Moja wins UDA ticket while Ruto's inner circle Caleb Kositany and Ambassador Bitok flops.
5. Baringo County - Benjamin Cheboi defeats incumbent Stanley Kiptis.
6. Bomet County - current governor Dr. Hillary Barchok wins as Former CAS of Petroleum Eng. Mosonik flops.
Content created and supplied by: Worldwidewriter (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More