The offices of county assembly are very essential offices in any county or government in delegating their duties and functions to the citizens. Factually, it is in these offices that most of the decisions made by the county government pertaining developments are made.
These offices are always occupied by Members of County Assembly (MCAs). An MCA is an individual that is elected by the electorates at the Ward level. He or she is then mandated to represent the people from their respective Wards in the county assembly meetings.
They have several roles such as presenting the challenges their people are facing and to find solutions for them, fighting for the rights of their electorates, initiating developmental projects in their Wards, oversight for county funds and many more.
As we approach 2022 general elections, many people may be longing to run for this post in the various Wards across the Country. However, they may be locked out from contesting for the post because they don't qualify according to the new qualification schedule.
For one to vie for the MCA's seat today, he or she must;
1. Be 18 years and above.
2. Be a Kenyan citizen who have stayed in the country for not less than 10 years.
3. Be free from any criminal cases. That is, one must provide certificate of good conduct for him or her to be in the ballot.
4. Be having a degree certificate in any relevant field from any recognized University in Kenya.
5. Be sound mind and intellectually upright throughout the period of campaigns and actual work in the office.
6. Not be working in any government's office as a public servant.
Content created and supplied by: Owitijoseph (via Opera News )