From the first day that the father of the nation His Excellency President William Samoei Ruto took over power from his predecessor Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta, he (Ruto) has stamped his authority as the commander in chief by reversing some of his predecessor's key policies.
Following are the key things President Ruto has reversed.
1) Nobody thought he would revert the control of the Kenya Meat Commission (KMC) by the Kenya Defense Forces (KDF). As we speak, KMC is under the Ministry of Agriculture.
2) Through his able deputy Hon Rigathi Gachagua, he gave Kenyatta University back the land that former head of state had controversially given to the World Health Organization (WHO)
3) Who would have thought Kenyatta University's Vice Chancellor Prof. Paul Wainaina would make his way back to the Main Campus? He was reinstated back by President Ruto.
4) Do you recall him (Ruto) appointing the six judges who had been rejected by the former head of state? Ruto appointed them the very same day he was sworn in to office
5) Ruto's new Kenya Kwanza Alliance coalition government has reverted port operations and cargo clearance to the Mombasa port.
6) Unlike in the previous Jubilee administration, the Kenya Railways and the Kenya Ports Authority are currently under the control of the Transport Ministry.
7) He (Ruto) commanded that the Kenya Pipeline Company to be under the Energy ministry.
8) Just recently, he reinstated Kazi mtaani by engaging youths in affordable housing project.
9) He also scrapped off Uhuru's subsidies stating that they are unsustainable for Kenya
10 His administration has allowed the police to wear uniforms phased out by former President Uhuru four years ago.
Photo serves as a Thumbnail
Why do you think President Ruto is reversing most of his predecessor's policies? Share your thoughts on the comments section below.
Content created and supplied by: Ella's~Touch (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More