Honorable Aisha Jumwa is loved and hated in equal measure due to her abrasive style of politics. She is the current Malindi Member of Parliament and she is the kind of politician everyone wants on their side. Aisha is a crowd mobilizer, confident and easily connects with the masses.
She a tough politician who doesn't mince her words. Men can't handle her charisma perhaps that is why she hasn't been able to keep a husband. She was once given a choice by her ex-husband to choose between politics and their marriage and to the surprise of the people that know her, she chose the latter.
Here are 10 quick facts about Aisha Jumwa.
1. She is the current Member of Parliament for Malindi constituency
2. She was born in march 23rd,1975
3. Aisha went to Takangu primary school and later joined Murray Girls Secondary School
4. She dropped out of school in form 2 ,but went back to complete her secondary education after she was elected a Councillor.
5. Aisha Jumwa has a bachelor of commerce degree from Jomo Kenyatta University,she graduated in 2016 while she was a women rep for Kilifi county.
6. She is the second born in a family of 5 and she is a single mother of three kids namely Selina,Karisa and Ruth. Aisha is a also a proud grandmother.
7. Aisha Jumwa has been married twice in her life time. Her first marriage failed because of her passion in politics, she paid back the dowry in full to her in-laws via the area sub-chief .The dowry was said to consist of goats, cows, and Kshs. 20,000 cash. She later married a fellow politician Karisa Nzai Munyika whom she lived with for 9 years and they were blessed with a daughter,but unfortunately, the marriage also failed and they separated in 2014 .
8. Aisha Jumwa got political inspiration from her father, who she says used to compose political songs for politicians.
9. She started her political career as a Councillor.
10. Jumwa once served as Takangu KANU youth leader and was elected twice as Councillor for Takangu Municipality between 1997 and 2007.
Click follow for more news and updates.
Content created and supplied by: wicks20 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More