July 31 2021 is the last date of filing Income Tax returns while lots of us are gearing up to finalize on the task. You'd be surprised by the number of individuals who seem to think that filing tax returns is voluntary or unnecessary. We must file income tax returns in an annual activity, it's a duty of every responsible citizen.
When filling nil return, all you need is your KRA PIN certificate and an account on KRA's iTax website.
1. Click on www.itax.kra.go.ke to log in.
2. Put in your user ID that is your KRA Pin, then click on the continue button.
3. Another tab will appear where you will input your password and then proceed to fill in the Security stamp (answer the simple arithmetic) below, then click enter.
4. A red menu bar appears, hover mouse on 'RETURNS' icon, a drop-down will appear; select the File Nil Returns.
5. A new page appears, on the 'Type' tab, fill in 'self', then on the 'TAXPAYER PIN' type in your KRA pin and on the 'TAX OBLIGATION' option insert 'Income tax resident.' then click 'Submit.
6. When the process is successful, an e-return acknowledgment receipt will appear. Click download the receipt and you will be all done. You can print or email yourself the receipt for safekeeping.
Content created and supplied by: Sheilanews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More