Are you self-employed and you have not contributed for more than 12 months? You can reactivate your NHIF card by paying KES 1,500. You will then have to wait for 2 months (60 days) to start enjoying regular services. You can pay via M-PESA (paybill no 200222) or at EQUITY, NATIONAL BANK, KCB, or CO-OPERATIVE BANK
Below is the process.
- On your MPESA menu, select Lipa na MPESA.
- Then choose Paybill.
- Enter NHIF MPESA paybill number: 200222.
- Under account number, key in your national ID number.
- Enter the amount: Ksh. ...
- You should receive a confirmation message of the transaction.
As long as you and your loved ones are listed as beneficiaries on the card, the NHIF card can assist you pay for medical expenditures. However, in order for your card to be active, you must pay a monthly fee of 500 shillings. If you haven't made a payment in over a year, your card will be considered inactive, and you won't be able to use it for medical expenditures.
You will need to pay 1500 shillings to activate your NHIF card, following which you will be able to access medical services after two months.
1. Select the paybill option from the mpesa menu. The account number to use is your ID number, and the business number to use is 200222.
2. A message will appear stating that the payment was successful and that the funds have been received.
3. Once your card has been authorized, you must pay your monthly contributions in order to gain access to the services you require.
Content created and supplied by: Simiyusimiyu (via Opera News )