Exclusive breastfeeding means giving the child the breast milk alone. No other liquids like water or solids like is given for at least a period of six months.
The things that are excepted are fluid for dehydration when the child is dehydrated, medications or syrup vitamins.
Importance of breastfeeding
1. The breast milk contains all nutrients that a child needs to have in the first six Months of life. The nutrients is at the right percentage.
2. It boost the child's immunity preventing him or her from infections such as diarrhea, pneumonia and many infections.
3. It reduces the risk of overweight children during childhood and adolescence hence the child is at less risk of infections such as diabetes both type I and II.
4. Breast milk saves financial cost. One does not need to use money to buy it.
5. It is at the required temperature level. The mother does not need to warm it first.
6. The child gets optimal growth, development and health as per the World Health Organization guideline.
7. The mother will have low risk of cancer diseases such as cervical cancer or ovarian cancer.
Why it is highly recommended among all breastfeeding mothers?
World Health Organization ( WHO) ,highly recommend exclusive breast feeding for at least six months in all children with aim to reduce faetal mortality and congenital abnormalities among many children.
It is therefore, better to prevent than to treat. It is therefore advisable for every woman to exclusively breastfeed for at least six month .
Content created and supplied by: Gladkems (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More