Other than age and genetics, there are a lot of different factors that can influence a woman's fertility. These factors may hinder you from conceiving. Such factors include;
1. Weight- Being overweight may affect hormone synthesis in your body making conception difficult. The more weight a woman gains over a normal weight, the more the decreased chances of conceiving. On the other hand, being too thin can also affect fertility negatively.
2. Household chemicals- Being exposed to chemicals like pesticides, industrial compounds and pollutants can all reduce woman's chances of getting pregnant by a huge percentage.
3. Smoking- Cigarette smoke may affect hormone production and also damage DNA. The smoke reduces woman's chances of conceiving.
4. Extreme exercises- Exercises are good for a healthier and stronger body. However, intense exercises can affect the process of ovulation negatively. Women who exercise strenuously have tough times in conceiving.
5. Injectable birth control- Stopping taking all forms of hormonal birth control makes you free to conceive within a month. However, some injectable birth control contraceptives can prevent a woman from conceiving for even 12 weeks. Doctors advise to stop using injections several months before beginning efforts to conceive.
6. Certain medical conditions- Health problems such as endometriosis, uterine fibroids and PCOS can affect a womans chances of conceiving and carrying a pregnancy. When suffering from autoimmune disorders like rheumatoid arthritis or lupus you may also find it difficult to conceive as their bodies have immune system that can attack their partner's sperm or even reject the fertilized egg as foreign.
7. Excessive alcohol consumption- Heavy intake of alcohol has been proved to cause decreased fertility. Alcohol use also affects the health of the unborn foetus if taken during pregnancy.
8. Stress- Studies have shown that stress can lead to decreased fertility in couples. Always try to avoid stress in life before trying to conceive.
Content created and supplied by: NetizennewsKenya (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More