Miscarriage also known as spontaneous abortion is an event that results in the loss of foetus before 20 weeks of pregnancy.
It is caused by genetic abnormalities in the foetus. However, not all miscarriages are caused by by abnormalities. Health lifestyle before and during pregnancy may help to guard.
The following are tips that helps to guard on miscarriages;
1. Be sure to take at least 400 mcg of folic acid everyday, beginning at least one to two months before conception.
2. Eat well balance diet. This ensures that the required nutrients are provided to the body.
3. Make sure you are up to date on immunization.
4. Avoid radiation and poison such as benzene and ethylene oxide
5. Take special care to keep abdomen safe when pregnant.
6. Avoid sport that Carry higher risk for injury such as skiing.
7. Avoid environmental hazard such as X- rays and infectious diseases.
8. Don't smoke and stay away from second- hand smoke.
9. Keep your weight within normal limit.
10. Check with my your health care before taking any medication including over- the- counter drug during pregnancy.
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More