A teacher is anyone who implements the curriculum by guiding students using the syllabus or coursebook as guided by Institutions of Curriculum Development.
An effective teacher disseminate knowledge, competence, and virtues to the learners or implement the syllabus in the best way possible if he or her;
1. has knowledge of the subject he/she teaches.
2. can engage or draw the attention of the learners. He should use examples within the learner's reach.
3. can listen to the learners. Just like you would like them to listen to you, listen to them as well.
4. has patience with the slow learners within the class. You should never scold any learner for being slow, instead help them at their pace.
5. is humorous and confident when instructing the learners. You should never frown your face when giving institutions to learners as this will only instill fear in them.
6. focuses on collaboration or teamwork with his colleagues. As a teacher there are areas you don't feel comfortable teaching, let your colleague chip in to teach on your behalf, we are not perfect in all fields.
7. desires to disseminate the subject mastery to the learners. Do not be jealous of passing the knowledge to your learners.
8. shows empathy to learners. Cry with the learners if they are in pain, share your life experiences and how you overcame them
You don't have to be a teacher who teaches religion for you to be empathetic, let the learners realize you feel their pain. This will strengthen the bond between you and the learner and the general outcome will be as impressive as the word itself.
Most educators should desire to have the above-mentioned qualities to make students like and pass the subjects they teach.
Content created and supplied by: J.Arness (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More