We love different types of stews. But have you tried lamb stew. Today we learn how to cook tasty lamb stew;
2 lb. lamb shoulder roast, cubed into 1" pieces
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
2 stalks celery, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. tomato paste
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. smoked paprika
6 c. low-sodium beef broth
1 c. red wine
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 bay leaves
2 lb. baby potatoes, halved
1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
The procedure to follow;
- In a large dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add lamb and cook on all sides until seared, 10 minutes, working in batches if necessary. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pot, cook onion, carrots, and celery until soft, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, tomato paste, cumin, and paprika and cook until garlic is fragrant and tomato paste has darkened, 2 minutes.
- Add lamb back to dutch oven then add broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer until lamb is tender, 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender and stew has thickened, 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and rosemary and garnish with parsley before serving.
Lamb Stew can be served with chapati, ugali or rice. I hope you try out the recipe at home. Share the article to your friends.
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More