Sign in
Download Opera News App

 

 

More 300 students in hospital after consuming contaminated food.

At least 300 students from Kamaget Secondary School in Bomet County fell ill after being thought to have consumed contaminated food.

The affected students were receiving treatment at Longisa sub-county hospital Tenwek hospital, Sigor sub-county hospital and Siongiroi health center. According to Dr. Joseph Sitonik, the Bomet County Executive in charge of Medical Services and Public Health confirmed the occurrence.

Another 70 students who were being monitored in the Siongiroi health center have been discharged and are now receiving outpatient care.

The number of impacted cases in the day mixed and boarding school increased to 300 earlier as a number of additional pupils were treated and released at the health center.

The majority of the affected pupils complained of stomachaches and the medical facilities where they were taken found that they had a high fever.

As the university celebrated the handover of a freshly built hall to the college by a contractor on Thursday, it is assumed that the students consumed tainted food.

When patients were brought on motorbikes, school buses and public utility vehicles, parents complained that there weren't enough drugs available at the government hospitals.

https://nation.africa/kenya/counties/bomet/300-students-fall-sick-due-to-food-poisoning-in-bomet-3859530

Content created and supplied by: DamianNews (via Opera News )

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments