Among the many Kenya Kwanza leaders that travelled to Naivasha in Nakuru County for the Parliamentary Group meeting today on September 16th, it's perhaps the arrival of the Kapseret MP Oscar Sudi that seems to have really stirred a storm in the country.
Just like President William Ruto, Oscar Sudi and some other leaders allied to the President took a military helicopter to Naivasha, surprising Kenyans who were probably not expecting the same.
It's after these developments that we took a look at the helicopter to enlighten you on a few things regarding it things like its country of origin, specifications and features.
So without wasting time, let's go;
1. The plane is an AgustaWestland139 (AW139) and just like how you read it in the title of this article, it's made in Italy.
AW139 helicopters are manufactured by the Rome, Italy headquartered Leonardo Helicopters.
2. The Kenya Air Force made an order for three AW139s in 2018.
Even though the Kenya police had received one AW139 in 2016 and two AW139s in 2018, the Kenya Air Force made its first order for the same in 2018.
The order was for 3 aircrafts and they were delivered somewhere between 2019 and 2020 with their registration numbers being KAF-1802, KAF-1804 and KAF-1806 that President William Ruto used today.
3. The plane often comes with one crew but sometimes two, it has a maximum passenger capacity of 15, depending on its internal configuration and has a maximum load capacity of 2,500kg.
4. It has a fuel capacity of 1568 liters and a maximum speed of 310 km/h though its cruise speed is 306 km/h.
5. It can fly for 1,061 km without stopping, the highest it can climb is 6,096 meters and comes with a climb rate of 10.9 m/s.
6. In Kenya, the Kenya Air Force-owned helicopter has traditionally been designated to be used by the President, Deputy President or Security Officers.
Content created and supplied by: AustineBarasa (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More