The General Service Unit well known as GSU or "Fanya Fujo Uone" is a paramilitary wing in the Kenya Police Service. It consists of highly trained police officers, transported by seven dedicated Cessnas and three Bell helicopters. The GSU soldiers have been in existence since 1948. They have fought in a number of conflicts in and around Kenya, including the 1963 – 1969 Shifta War and the 1982 Kenyan coup.
1. Providing security to his Excellency the President, state houses / lodges.
2. Providing security for selected foreign Airlines.
3. Providing security to vital installations and strategic points.
4. Controlling rioters' mobs and civil disturbance.
5. Carrying out anti-poaching operations and escort duties.
6. Containing banditry and cattle rustling.
7. Countering terrorism activities and insurgencies.
1. Must be a Kenyan citizen.
2. He or she should possess a national identity card.
3. A minimum qualification of D+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with a D+ in Kiswahili or English languages.
4. Holders of KCSE certificate or its equivalent must be aged between 18-28 years while for diploma and degree holders should be between 18-30 years.
5. The candidate should meet the minimum requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
6. He or she should be fit mentally, physically and medically.
7. He or she should not have any criminal records or pending criminal charges.
8. For the female candidates, they should not be pregnant during the process of recruitment or the entire period of training.
Read more: https://www.tuko.co.ke/322525-gsu-recruitment-requirements-dates-centers.html
1. I PG4 Ksh. 33,990.
2. J PG5 Ksh. 36,700.
3. K PG6 Ksh, 40,100.
5. L PG7 Ksh. 45,600.
Thanks for reading this article. Kindly like, share and follow for more updates.
Content created and supplied by: Reported-News-Updates (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More