According to Global Firepower magazine, there are over 50 factors in formula used to dertimine a given nation power index. Below are the ranking of 10 military powers.
10. Libya - It has one of the largest amount of equipments though it has small number of active troops. It has 55 rocket projectors, 7 attack helicopters and 17 fighter jets among others.
8. D R Congo - It has one of the powerful land armies in Africa. Some of the equipments are as follows: 175 battle tanks, 100 armoured fighting vehicles, 8 attack helicopters among others.
7. Ethiopia - It used to be second or third placed but government is now focusing on infrastructure development as opposed to military. It has 8 attack helicopters, 400 combat tanks, 183 rocket projectors among others.
6. Morocco - It rank 57 out of the 138 countries analyzed. It has 46 fighter aircrafts, 44 rocket projectors, 3 naval frigates, 105 patrol crafts among others.
5. Angola - It has 115 rocket and missiles launchers and 126 military helicopters. It uses its natural resources such as oil and diamonds to buy equipments.
4. Nigeria - Ranked 42 out of the 138 countries surveyed. It has 15 attack helicopters, 13 attack aircrafts, 253 combat tanks among others.
3. South Africa - It has 1789 armoured vehicles. Its equipments are world class of the latest technology. It is only African country that attempt to gain nuclear weapons.
2. Algeria - It has 2,000 armoured vehicles and 310 rocket and missiles launchers. It's rank 28 out of the 138 countries surveyed. It has largest military budget in Africa.
1. Egypt - It has 920,000 soldiers and 11,700 armoured vehicles. It is rank 9th worldwide. It has 500,000 active personnels and is only country in Africa to own aircraft carriers.
Content created and supplied by: EnockKipkorirYator (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More