Most of the people like buying readymade seats to put in their gazebo not knowing that they can make their own seats using locally available waste materials like drums and plastic buckets.
This article discusses how you can use the two waste materials, metal drums and plastic buckets to make high quality seats to put in your gazebo.
A gazebo is a freestanding, open structure, sometimes hexagonal or octagonal in shape, with a roof. Depending on the region one comes from, a gazebo maybe called rotunda or pergola. They provide a shade, a place to rest and a shelter from sunshine and rain. Gazebo also act as ornamental feature in the backyard, gardens and parks.
Below is the procedure of how to make better seats for your gazebo using waste metal drums and plastic buckets.
1. Collect the drums, plastic buckets and necessary cutting and drilling tools together.
2. Cut the metal drums and plastic buckets using hacksaw into shapes that resemble a chair or sofa set.
3. Smoothen the cut out edges using a sharpening file to prevent them causing injuries to the user.
4. Fix cushions on the seats using either glue or any other mounting agent.
5. Paint the external layer of your seats to make them lavish. Painting also prevents rusting of the metal drums.
6. Allow the paint to dry under the shade for some few hours.
7. After the paint has dried, you can now do arrangement of the seats in your gazebo.
Content created and supplied by: @Onyango (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More