Sign in
Download Opera News App



6 Plants That Can Do More Harm Than Good

I am sharing with you this article because I want you to be careful about these plants next time you’re looking to add a splash of greenery to your home.

Green-veined ivy

This plants are known to be be climbers, they can grow long and lush and bring a bit of the outdoors inside. But there are some pests that get attracted to this plant, like scorpions, which like hiding in dark damp places. If you have an ivy climbing up to the side of your house, especially in close proximity to windows, ensure that you always leave them closed and trim the plant so that it doesn’t overhang.

PhilodendronThe main issue of this plant is the poisoning effect that it has which is dangerous to humans and pets. Philodendrons can be found in many homes since they are easy to take care of and they offer a kind of laid-back vibe to our homes. However, when ingested is not fatal, they may cause irritating symptoms like nausea, burning, and swelling of the mouth, tongue, or throat, vomiting, and diarrhea.


Theybare very beautiful plants that makes it difficult not to get caught up in the peony hype. However, these vibrant pink flowers not only attract our attention but also unwanted insects, such as ants.

Tuberous vegetables

It might be a very good idea cultivating vegetables in your house but not all of them. Many vegetables can be easily grown indoors if you’ve got green fingers. Nevertheless, you should be careful about the pests, such as aphids, cutworms and flea beetles, they may bring into your home.The vegetables that are most likely to attract these pests are carrots, turnips, and potatoes.

English ivy

The evergreen leaves of this plant can provide an environment with a best relaxing feeling. However, much like the Poison Ivy, this variety may also cause unwanted effects. It’s highly allergenic for some people and can trigger allergic skin reactions that lead to itchiness, rashes, or even dreaded blisters. Moreover, pets are also not safe around this plant because if they accidentally ingest it, they can show symptoms of intoxication, breathing problems or even paralysis. In the most severe cases, it can lead to a coma.

Aloe vera

I presume we have all heard of the many medicinal benefits of aloe vera for humans, but you should also remember that, it can be poisonous for pets like the dog and cat. Aloe vera contains some chemicals that when ingested, it can cause symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, depression, anorexia, and tremors.

Content created and supplied by: BenRCtheCreator (via Opera News )


Load app to read more comments