We shall look into ways through which you can improve the art of public speaking during speech delivery on the podium. With these tips, you will gain knowledge and will help you overcome the fear and anxiety that may arise during public speaking.
1. Set Up The Stage. Well, during this great time, make sure you set the stage. By this I mean, you should be the one to speak first on the stage to call every murmur to a halt. Do not jump into what you have for your audience instead, you can offer a clarifying and redefinition of the problem statement.
2. Jump In With The Flow. Well, it is easier for you to fear or get anxious during this time. During the speech, make sure you engage your audience. Engagement means asking questions or making your audiences pose questions for you regarding the title of your speech. You should respond to their points or questions with relevant counterpoints or suggestive enhancements or point out some expectations when the point posed is not valid.
3. Steer Your Conversation With Your Audience. This means that you can also talk against the flow of your conversation provided you keep the flow of your theme going. Describe vividly what you are talking about and clarify if you feel that society is ignoring or taking for granted everything good that you have been saying.
4. Stay Confident and Strictly To Your Theme. This is very crucial. Sticking to your theme will enable you to remember what you practiced. Sliding away from your theme may cause forgetting or distortion of the information being said. Focusing strictly on what you say, is very important because you make also your audience understand and grasp every important detail you analyze.
5. Summarize Everything Towards The End. This is one way to capture your audience's attention. Doing this, you will enable everyone in that room to pay attention to the summarized points by also writing them down or recording them for future use.
Content created and supplied by: Fasihibrand (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More