Most of the things you use at home don't have an expiration date. They don't have best before dates written on them. Here are 9 things you never thought would expire.
1. Pillows: 2-3 Years. Just like foodstuffs, pillows expire too after 2 to 3 years. Your childhood pillows should not see you through your adult years. Just dispose them to an early retirement unless you you want neck pain and allergies.
2. Slippers: 6 months. Slippers can catch and spread all kinds of germs especially if not regularly cleaned. Always change your bathroom slippers after not more than 6 months to avoid fungal infection on your foot.
3. Sponges and shower poufs: 2 weeks to 6 months. Sponges and poufs get dirty and can consequently spread infection as they takes your dirt away. Clean them in hot water to prevent hazards and don't forget to dispose them.
4. Towel: 1 Year. Towel older than one year will become a threadbare. However, if you want to maintain yours, make sure you clean regularly. Towels should be cleaned atleast twice per week.
5. Toothbrush: 3 months. This one we all know. You should even change toothbrush after you recover from a cold even if it is not 3 months old.
6. Hydrogen peroxide: 2 months. Once the seal is broken, hydrogen peroxide turns to water in just 2 months. However, sealed one can be stored for upto 1 year.
7. Hair brush: 1 year. Clean your hair brush at least once a week to avoid dirt from accumulating on your freshly shampooed hair. Boar bristle brushes should be disposed every 7 months.
8. Perfume: 1-3 years. Does and perfumes come without any expiry date. However, you should know that when sealed, you can keep them for upto 3 years and 2 years if the seal is broken.
9. Pacifier: 2-5 weeks. Most pacifiers are made of latex and you must replace them in a period of 2 to 5 weeks as these germs entering your baby's mouth may not be worth it.
Content created and supplied by: NetizennewsKenya (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More