Highly intelligent people sometimes find it harder to deal with some things, unlike normal people. They sometimes consider their intelligence as a bad thing.
Being smart with a high intellectual quotient will indeed help you outweigh those with mediocre minds. Being smart lets you do dread tasks and question everything in existence and that is not in existence. However, some downsides are attached to being so intelligent.
Here are the downsides of being highly intelligent.
1. Intelligent people are rarely happy. These characteristics tend to bring forth depression to their life. Nonetheless, this is common because they tend to suffer from loneliness, anger, and depression due to their thinking process. These facts are brought by the fact that intelligent people like less to socialize and let out their feelings attacking them. They love keeping things to themselves especially deep into their head.
2. The most difficult feature of being smart, is the ability to overthink everything. Instead of letting go of a bigger problem than they can solve, they usually spend time trying to analyze that problem into their inner heads and this is another reason why they verge to feel depressed.
3. Clever people are always informative, logical, and systematic. They often understand what they are talking about and this feature, helps them to detect fallacies in everything that might come upon them especially during the debate. Though this is a great feature people yearn to possess, in the current world, people don’t like it. This makes others think of them as being arrogant and rude. These people think that you are proud and aggressive just trying to brat and make them seem as stupid.
4. Clever people do suffer. Anyone who knows that they are intelligent always expects the best from them. No matter how hard the problem is, these people always have hopes that any intelligent person can tackle that problem.
5. Smart people are not always believed to fail. Even if you missed a class for three months due to illness, people will always say that you are brilliant and you have nothing to lose. So, this makes them think that you can need help from anything coming towards you.
6. Smartness is a multifaceted aspect. This means that smartest is a combination of being many bits of other virtues such as wisdom, intelligence, and sift skills in life such as communication and critical thinking. Though this is great but is considered problematic by many.
Content created and supplied by: Fasihibrand (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More