Chemicals found in our everyday products are causing more harm than good. They have been linked to contributing infertility, cancer and even birth defects. The best thing is to get rid of any potential toxins that you may have unwittingly brought in your homes.
1. Plastic food containers- Plastic food containers tend to break down after a period of time which leads to release of certain dangerous chemicals that can enter food. They contain phthalates that's act as endocrine disrupting chemicals. People are advised to use glass containers to store food instead.
2. Air fresheners- The chemical constituents present in air fresheners end up in the human body after being inhaled. It also contains phthalates that causes reproductive problems. Instead of using fresheners, try using old school flowers or candle scented with essential oils.
3. Non-stick pans- Most non stick pans contain traces of dangerous chemical called perflouctanoic acid that can enter into our meals when we cook. This chemical can lead to kidney problem, testicular cancer, liver damage, thyroid disease, ulcers, change in cholesterol levels and even high blood pressure. Instead, use stainless steel or cast iron cookware.
4. Antiperspirants- Antiperspirants have chemicals that cause breast cancer and Alzheimer's disease when they are absorbed into the sweat glands. It is advisable to use natural deodorant sprays.
5. Antibacterial soaps- Antibacterial soaps contain triclosan which makes bacteria more resistant to antibiotics. Use old school plain water and soap instead of the antibacterial soaps.
6. Sunscreens containing oxybenzone- Oxybenzone is a endocrine-disrupting chemical that causes skin cancer. On top of that, studies have proved that it also causes infertility males. It is advisable to use sunscreens made of titanium dioxide and zinuoxide although they are expensive.
7. Cleaning products- Most cleaning products contain ammonia and chlorine which are responsible for the production of fumes that irritates eyes, nose, throat and lungs causing asthma. They also contain chemicals like diethanolamine and triethylamine which causes male infertility and cancer.
Content created and supplied by: NetizennewsKenya (via Opera News )