Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society


Crime Justice



Meet Kenyan Serial Killer Who Has Killed 22 People In America

On Monday, prosecutors in Dallas County, Texas, detailed how Billy Chemirmir, a Kenyan national, stalked his victims in Walmart parking lots.

Chemirmir faces 22 counts of capital murder in the counties of Dallas and Collin, Texas.

The Dallas Morning News reports that the state's attorneys tried to convince the jury that Chemirmir had followed his victims from a Walmart in far north Dallas to their houses, where he had throttled them to death.

Next, he'd make off with their priceless family relics.

Then, the jury was deadlocked and could not decide.

Chemirmir was found guilty of the first degree murder of 81-year-old Lu Thi Harris in April 2022, during his second trial for the crime.

After a mistrial in the first trial in 2021, the third and last trial will begin on Monday.

After then, the jury was deadlocked and could not decide.

Chemirmir was put to death for the slaying of Lu Thi Harris, an 81-year-old woman, in April 2022, following his second trial for the crime.

During his preliminary hearing on January 30, 2018, prosecutors detailed how Chemirmir waited for his victim in the handicapped parking spot.

Mary Brooks, 87, one of Chemirmir's alleged victims, was seen parking in a handicapped spot at the Walmart on the corner of Coit and Arapaho roads at around 10:50 a.m., as evidenced by surveillance film revealed in court.

After waiting for over an hour, she loaded up the car with groceries and left the parking lot, followed by a silver Nissan Altima.

Prosecutor Glen Fitzmartin said, "If you hang with me throughout this week, you will understand in your deliberations that there is only one true answer to this question: Is he guilty of capital murder?"

As a general rule, "Yes" will be the most common response.

Chemirmir got to the parking lot an hour before Brooks, as seen on camera.

Before Brooks leaves, he is observed frequently entering and leaving the store.

They were the identical blue coat and scarlet scarf she had on when she passed away.

Ann Brooks, Brooks's eldest child, said that it was out of the ordinary for her mother to ignore her calls on January 30.

Ann reported that her mother regularly communicated with her and her sisters.

She didn't initially fret since she assumed her mother was out with her reading club or at a friend's house.

Ann elaborated that her mother, a former assistant head of dietetics at Parkland Memorial Hospital, had planned to go baby clothes shopping that day in order to put together care packages for new mothers.

She claims that on the evening of January 31 her mother suddenly went silent, which caused her concern.

As she was in California, her kid was staying with his grandma in Richardson, so she gave them a call.

It was stated before the court that Brooks owned both the apartment and her grandson David Cuddihee.

After selling the family home after her husband's death in 2007, she used the proceeds to purchase the properties.

According to Cuddihee's testimony, he values his time with his grandmother.

According to him, she and his wife were very friendly with each other and frequently had dinners. However, she strictly forbade any unannounced visits.

Around 10 o'clock at night, Cuddihee's mother requested he go check on his grandmother, and he mentioned it.

When he got closer to the house, he saw some odd things, including the fact that a tiny gate that Brooks often locks up when he comes home for supper was wide open.

He also mentioned that her front door was unlocked and that her office light was still on.

Once inside, he discovered his grandmother unconscious on the living room carpet.

He dialed 911, and emergency personnel determined that she had passed away.

After informing Ann, Cuddihee stated she took a late-night trip to Dallas.

Before the Richardson police saw all of the unpacked Walmart bags, it was assumed that Brooks' death was natural.

A carton of eggs was on the kitchen counter, and a box of frozen blueberry waffles sat on the stovetop.

The previous day's two Walmart receipts were lying on her bed.

Ann stated that they noticed the jewelry was missing when they were cleaning out the condo.

Among them were a unique coral necklace, Mary's mother's wedding ring, and Mary's own wedding ring.

Ann claimed her father, Quentin Brooks, bought the two-tone pink coral necklace with gold between the beads while on vacation in Hawaii.

By the end of two months, the Richardson police were convinced that Brooks had been murdered.

The prosecution will use narratives of other victims to show the jury why they believe murder in Brook's case.

For this purpose, they will utilize three more women: Martha Williams, who was slain on March 4, 2018 in Preston Place Retirement Community; Mary Bartel, who was attacked on March 19, 2018 in the same location but survived; and Patricia Harris, who was killed on March 20, 2018 in her Dallas home.

Jurors were shown surveillance footage from a Walmart that showed Harris and her killer, Chemirmir, in the parking lot on the day she was murdered.

As with the case against Brooks, the prosecution alleged that Chemirmir looked to have followed Harris out of the parking lot.

According to Fitzmartin, William's testimony was excluded from consideration by the prior juries, despite the fact that crucial evidence was found in her residence and vehicle.

In addition, he mentioned that Williams' daughter discovered some blue surgical gloves in the car's glove box and a pillow with a strange discoloration at home.

"There was no way to conduct the tests without include Chemirmir's DNA. When he finally says goodbye to Martha Williams, he takes a little bit of himself with him "In the words of Fitzmartin.

We anticipate the experiment to last one week.

Since the prosecution is not asking for the death penalty, Chemirmir faces another life term if he is found guilty.

District Attorney John Creuzot of Dallas County assured the families of the deceased that Chemirmir would be tried in connection with two separate murders.

Prosecutors in Collin County have stated that they will stand pat until the Dallas trials are concluded.

Members of the family have voiced their desire for a death penalty from Collin County District Attorney Greg Willis.


Content created and supplied by: FlightNews (via Opera News )

Billy Chemirmir Chemirmir Dallas County Kenyan Walmart


Load app to read more comments