These are the 6 health benefits of ginger:
1. Ginger has been shown to be effective in reducing the symptoms of osteoarthritis, particularly osteoarthritis of the knee, in some studies.
2. It helps manage arthritis, headaches, and menstrual cramps by reducing pain and inflammation. It warms the body and improves circulation. Rhinovirus, which can induce the common cold, is inhibited.
3. Ginger appears to hasten stomach emptying, which may be beneficial for people who suffer from indigestion or other stomach discomfort.
4. It protects against bacteria that cause diarrhea, such as Salmonella, as well as protozoa like Trichomonas. It relieves gas and painful spasms in the digestive tract.
5. Ginger has been shown to improve weight- related measurements in both animals and humans in studies.
6. Assists in the prevention of disease:
Ginger is high in antioxidants, which protect your DNA from stress and injury. They can aid in the prevention of chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, heart disease, and lung disease, as well as promote healthy aging.
Content created and supplied by: tylah (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More