Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. Skipping it may result to harmful health effects. Here are some of the harmful effects of skipping a breakfast.
1. Bad for your health- Men who skip breakfast have many chances of sustaining a heart attack compared to who eat it. People who avoid breakfast are also known to have increased susceptibility to hypertension which leads to clogging of arteries.
2. Higher risk of diabetes- According to a study conducted by Harvard University, women who have the habit of avoiding breakfast are at a risk of developing type 2 diabetes than women who have their breakfast.
3. Causes weight gain- People who miss breakfast have high chances of gaining weight. This is because skipping breakfast causes intense hunger that will make you end up eating up whatever you come across during the day. The higher the hunger, the more the quantity of food will be.
4. Negative impact on food and energy levels- Avoiding breakfast will swish down your energy levels and impact your memory loss.
5. Risk of cancer- Skipping breakfast can make you overindulge in food during the day which paves way for increased prevalence of obensity. People who are obese have increased risk of developing cancer.
6. Affects cognitive functioning- Including breakfast in your diet regimen bestows you with better cognitive functioning.
7. Can cause migraine- Skipping meals trigger a dip in sugar levels which leads to low glucose levels. This increases blood pressure levels, triggering migraines and headaches.
8. Triggers hair loss- Skipping breakfast or taking a breakfast with low levels of protein affects the levels of keratin which triggers hair loss.
9. Could affect your metabolism- People who eat breakfast have a higher level of resting metabolism. You need breakfast to give your metabolism a jump start.
Content created and supplied by: NetizennewsKenya (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More