Poop is normally brown in color. This is due to the processes and chemical reactions that take place in your gut when your food is digested. About 70 percent of your poop is made up of water. The remaining 30 percent is a mixture of undigested food. The brownish color in your poop is due to bilirubin. This is a yellow-colored substance in your blood. It forms after red blood cells break down and are excreted through your liver and gallbladder and into your digestive tract.
Bile, which has a yellowish-green color, plays many roles in your digestion process. Your liver makes about 450 to 550 milliliters of bile every day, which is stored in your gallbladder. When you eat, your gallbladder contracts, to send bile into your duodenum, the first part of your small intestine. One of the main jobs of bile is to break down fats from the foods you eat. However, your poop color can be determined by the food you take.
Poop color can be brown, pale-grey, black, red or yellow. For a healthy person, your poop is expected to be brownish in color. Other colors maybe as a result of intestinal blockage, internal bleeding among other causes. If your poor color is not brownish color, I would advice you to seek medication as it might be a sign of disease infection which might need urgent medical help.
Content created and supplied by: ANGLE_KINGS (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More