One of the areas of our body that accumulates the most excess fat is the lower abdomen. This abdominal fat, or what we rather popularly know as love handles, is not only unsightly but could also become a risk to our health, such as heart problems or a blockage of the arteries due to accumulation of fat, among others. Therefore, in this article we try to give you some tips and guidelines on how to burn fat from the lower abdomen so that, in addition to showing off a beautiful and toned abdomen, you also have good health at all times.
Foods to burn fat from the lower abdomen
To eliminate fat from the lower abdomen , we must include this list of foods in our daily routine and eliminate those that are high in fat, fried and industrial.
- Watermelon: it is high in water and potassium, which helps us regulate our sodium levels and retain less fluid in the abdomen.
- Almonds: it is a food rich in calcium, fiber, proteins and omega 3 acids, which will help us activate our metabolism and have more energy during the day.
- Green coffee: contains chlorogenic acid that helps us reduce the levels of sugar absorbed in the intestinal tract and burn the fat accumulated in the abdomen.
- Citrus fruits: orange, grapefruit or lemon are fruits rich in vitamin C that help us process fat faster and control our sugar levels.
- Oatmeal: it has a high protein and fiber content and properties that help eliminate toxins from the body as well as eliminate fat.
- Strawberries: they contain a lot of water and fiber, they also have a high anthocyanin content that helps us in the process of burning fat.
- Asparagus: it has a high fiber content that can help us absorb less fat and activate our metabolism.
- Salmon: it is a food rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and proteins, it prevents the accumulation of fat in the abdomen and activates our metabolism.
Infusions to eliminate abdominal fat
Try taking some of the following infusions or even several twice a day to take advantage of its properties that will help you eliminate fat from the lower abdomen:
- Cinnamon and bay leaf infusion: it is a very powerful mixture, since cinnamon stands out for its fat burning properties and bay leaf for being a plant that will help you to carry out a good digestion.
- Green tea: it is a plant with antioxidant properties that will help you activate the metabolism and make your abdomen look less bloated.
- Lemon infusion: this fruit has great anti-inflammatory properties that will help you eliminate excess fat from your abdomen.
- Horsetail infusion: it has diuretic properties that will purify your body and help you retain less fluids.
- Infusion of aloe and flaxseed: in this mixture we will combine aloe, a plant that will regulate your intestinal transit, with flaxseed, which is a seed rich in fiber and with fat-burning properties.
Exercise routine for the lower abdomen
In addition to including a good diet and natural remedies in our routine, it is also necessary to include a series of exercises to eliminate abdominal fat that we will perform at least three times a week and with a duration of 30 minutes a day. With these five exercises, you will notice that the abdominal area will improve progressively.
We lie on a mat on our back and place our hands under the buttocks. With the legs together, stretched and with the feet pointed, we will raise them from top to bottom without touching the ground. We will do 3 sets of 15 repetitions of this exercise.
Also lying on a mat, we will lie on our back, place our hands under the buttocks and legs together and stretched, we will raise our legs to make an L. We stay in that position and raise our hips, giving a small jump up. We will do 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
We place ourselves in the same position as in exercise 2 (L-shaped). We keep our legs up and we will perform crunches bringing our hands up to the legs as if we wanted to touch the feet. When we touch the legs, we will lower our arms stretching them to the sides. Repeat this exercise 10 times (2 sets).
We position ourselves as in exercise 1. Raise your legs and when they are up, make opposite circles with each leg. Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
Lie face down on the mat and support your forearms and the balls of your feet. When you're ready, raise your body and hold for 20 seconds. Do 2 sets of 5 reps.
- It is very important that before doing the exercises you warm up between 5 and 10 minutes. You should also dedicate even 5 minutes to stretching at the end of the session.
- Wear sports clothing and shoes to feel more comfortable. Also find a mat and never do the exercises on the floor with nothing on top.
- It is normal that at first you find it difficult to perform the exercises. Set your own pace so you don't get tired in the first week.
Don't forget to share and leave your comments below.
Content created and supplied by: MOSES_GITU (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More