1. Nocebo effect
- If you truly believe you are going to experience something, our minds and bodies will follow so.
- If doctor tells you might have the side effects of a pill like nausea and drowsiness, you start to feel them immediately.
2. Baader - meinhof phenomenon
- Your brains are biased towards the things you learnt something recently,
- As the new information received priority over information learnt over the time.
- If you learn a new word or some news on television, you see or hear that every where around you.
- Usually your mind does not recognise it much, but after you learn that word, you brain tell you each time you see it.
3. Law of attraction
- When you focus on something enough, you start attracting your life.
- It makes easier to land in your dream job by focusing more on it.
- It lets you keep your eyes open for multiple opportunities and gives ability to move beyond your failures.
4. Spontaneous trait transference
- You associate people with the adjectives they use.
- If person X bad mouths their colleagues, your brain associates the same traits with X, when you think of him.
- Same applies with positive adjectives they use.
5. Personal stories are more persuasive than research
- It makes people relate more when you tell your personal stories rather than dumping the facts.
- It is effective to tell the facts after the personal stories.
6. Handwritten letters reflect honesty
- Handwritten letters always tend to be more honest, rather than texts or emails.
- As you write down a letter, you pour your heart out in each and every word you write.
7. Illusory correlation.
- We always think we are more important than we actually are.
- This comes from the fact of linking two different things that are irrelevant.
- Right from thinking that the queue other than the one you are standing always move faster.
Content created and supplied by: Sylvia (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More