1. Abnormal muscle tone. This is most commonly observed symptom. Your child may be hypotonic or most frequently hypertonic with either increased or decreased resistance to passive movements. May also cause difficulty walking.
2. Hand preference before one year is a red flag. Hand preference in infants is not usually acquired before the age of two years.
3. Asymmetry while crawling or failure to crawl may indicate cerebral palsy.
4. Growth retardation and delayed milestones is a common finding. Milestones such as rolling over, sitting without support and crawling.
5. May have asymmetric posture, strength, or gait and abnormal coordination.
6. Increased reflexes which indicate upper motor neuron lesion. Reflexes such as moro reflex and asymmetric tonic neck reflexes.
7. Seizures or convulsions.
8. Specific learning disabilities. This are usually noticed once the child starts attending school. Also delays in speech development and may have difficulty in speaking.
9. Hearing impairment. Most of children with cerebral palsy have hearing impairment.
Content created and supplied by: Gladysnduku5 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More