1. Find the cause.
- Understand what is making you socially anxious?
- Previous Bad experiences?- It is not your fault people around you were bad.
- Trouble talking to people because you dont feel important? You are important in your own universe.
2. Win over your brain
- Your brain always jump to the most worst situation.
- Change the narrative you tell yourself.
- Reframe your thoughts positively.
- Convince your brain that you are winning.
- It boosts your self confidence greatly.
3. Socialize more
- To develop a skill, practice it more.
- Attend social events, Interact with people more often.
- Observe people more.
- Cherish the thought that you are improving your social skills.
- Be happy about every single step you take.
4. Define a good social interaction
- Write what a good social interaction would mean to you.
- End of day, your conversation should make you feel bold and confident.
- Starting with a smile, feeling comfortable talking, talking for more than 15 min, feeling happy.
5. Keep A Record of Your Interactions
- Start writing about each and every interaction.
- Describe them How you felt while talking?
- How long did you have the conversation? Did you feel confident or not?
- Note down and compare them frequently against your ideal interactions.
6. Practice some basic social skills
- Social skills involve eye contact, smiling when greeting others, using an appropriate tone of voice for the situation,
- Appropriate emotional regulation depending on the situation, and expressing opinion.
- Meditation helps in training yourself to practice relaxing in anxiety inducing situations
- Sit down and close your eyes. Pay attention to your breathing without trying to control it.
- Remind yourself to accept your fears and confront them instead of running away.
8. Leap out of your comfort zone
- List down your fears in the order of least to most anxiety inducing.
- Start with the easiest to face and work your way up.
- With time, your belief changes with experience.
Content created and supplied by: Sylvia (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More