Sleep is very important for health as it relieves stress and helps you relax.
According to records, nearly 25% of people have trouble falling asleep when the remaining 75% gave it occasionally. Sleep is important to good health.
But there are some hidden habits that we do every day that we think are normal, but which negatively affect our sleep and lead to insomnia.
This post has things you shouldn' t be doing before bed if you want to have a good night' s sleep.
Things Not To Do Before Bed:
Cigarettes contain a substance called nicotine, which, like caffeine, affects the body.
This stimulates brain activity, increases blood pressure and pulse rate. All of these do not help you get a good night' s sleep, and if you do fall asleep at all, the quality of sleep is not enough for you.
Researchers say that most of the people who suffer from insomnia are smokers. To sleep effectively, don' t smoke or smoke 2 hours before bed if you can' t handle it. It' s best for you
Exercise is good for health and helps us fall asleep faster and reduce stress.
However, the exercise should be done 5- 4 hours before bedtime as this is how it works.
Don' t just do your workout and you will go to bed right away. At this point your body is awake and agile and this does not let you sleep.
3. Drinking water:
Water therapy is good for your health, it is good to take water before bed, but very little.
This is because you wake up at night and have bags under your eyes in the morning when you drink a lot of water.
However, this does not prevent you from drinking water at night. A glass of water is fine for you so that it doesn' t cause you any problems.
4. Take a nap:
Napping is good for health and good for sleep when you do it at the right time of day.
If you want to get a good night' s sleep, you can take a nap between 1pm and 3pm. But if you take a nap in the evening, it will be difficult to fall asleep at night.
Sleeping at the same time of day each day is good when the brain gets used to it. You should be napping in no less than an hour and thirty minutes.
Doctors also advise people who suffer from insomnia not to take naps.
5. Taking a hot shower:
People think that a hot shower produces positive results for a good night' s sleep, but it is not. It' s the temperature difference that helps us fall asleep faster, researchers said. The higher the difference, the more we want to sleep. This is why you should shower when you are too energetic. Hot water also has an effect on our skin as it stimulates blood flow in multiple layers, which affects sleep.
Hope you learned from the article: What do you have to say about this? Let us know in the comment section.
Content created and supplied by: Cal.com (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More