Research has shown that depravation of sleep can lead to death. Sleep allows the body to repair itself. Sleep is defined as an altered state of consciousnes. A common misperceptiom is that the brain shuts itself down during sleep. Even though you are not conscious when asleep, your mind isat work, analyzing potential dangers, controlling body movements and shifting body parts to maximize comfort.
Insomnia is a sleep disoder in which people's mental health and ability to function are compromised by their inability to sleep. Insomnia is simple terms is a disoder characterized by our inability to sleep. To avoid insominia, do the following;
1.Go to bed and wake up the same time everyday, including weekends. Establish a routine to help your biological clock. Changing the time you wake up each day can alter sleep cycles and disrupt other physiological systems.
2. Never have alcohol or caffeine just before going to bed. Alcohol might help you get to sleep more quickly but it will interfere with your sleep cycle and cause you to wake up early the next day.
3. Regular exercise will help your sleep cycles but do not do it immediately, before going to bed.
4. Use your bed only for sleeping and sex. Do not spend time in your bed reading, eating or watching television. You want your mind to associate your bed with sleep.
5. Relax. Don't worry about the future. Have a warm bath or listen to soothing music.
6. If you have a trouble sleeping, get up and do something else. Don't force yourself to lie there trying to get to sleep. Remember that one sleepless night won't affect your perfomance very and worrying about how you will be affected by not sleeping only makes it more difficult to sleep.
Hope this article will help you have good sleeping habits and avoid insomnia. Follow me this and much more. Cheers!
Content created and supplied by: MauNews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More