It's commonly know as thorn melon but it's called Kiwano formally known as Cucumis Metuliferus. It's a thick fruit which is bright orange when ripe covered with spiny projections. Most people don't like the fruit because of it's taste which makes it special. Kiwano has it's nutritious benefits which include:
1. Kiwano melon has a variety of vitamins and minerals which impact the health positively which include, vitamin A, zinc, magnesium, Vitamin B etc. It also have low levels of carolies.
2. It provides antioxidants. The main antioxidants in Kiwano melon include: Vitamin C , Vitamin A, Zinc and Lutein. These nutrients play a part in reducing inflammation and preventing chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart diseases and some type of cancers.
3. Promotes red blood cells production.
Kiwano melon have a lot of iron supplements which a basic need for blood production.
4. Promotes Blood Sugar Control
Kiwano melon is low- glycemic and contains nutrients necessary for proper sugar and insulin metabolism.
5. Supports proper hydration especially on a hot day.
6. It has zinc and magnesium minerals which plays part in the mental health and healthy brain functions. Therefore it may improve the mood.
7. Other healthy benefits include;
- Supports bone health.
- Encourages healthy skin.
- Promotes heart health
- Strengths immunity
Kawino has all the healthy benefits and for more all the reasons to eat it.
Content created and supplied by: Shéé (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More